Every Friday on WGEM SportsCenter I toss out a new Top Ten.
TOP TEN Ways The Government Shutdown Has Hit The Sports World…
10) Gambling debts are starting to be collected.
9) Ticket scalping is now legal! Wait… it already is and it’s called Stub Hub.
8) Ted DiBiase and Virgil are asked to help finance Obamacare.
7) Alcohol sales at Redskins and Capitals games has went through the roof with more politicians attending games.
6) Fewer neck tattoos with too many players uncertain about health care coverage.
5) President Obama’s Tuesday afternoon jump shooting clinic’s been canceled.
4) Famous wrestler Irwin R. Schyster, or IRS, returns from office to settle things in the squared circle.
3) Nobody has a work visa. Well, there goes baseball AND hockey.
2) With nothing to do, many have put on the stripes and became volunteer referees. They disagree over every call.
1) High school athletes are suddenly obese and out of shape with no school lunch guidelines.