Every Friday on WGEM SportsCenter I toss out a new Top Ten.
TOP TEN Proposed Building Plans Where The Newcomb Hotel Once Stood…
10) The start of a massive water slide that dumps into the river.
9) A mini Vegas with a mini Bellagio fountain, mini Luxor pyramid, and mini (or many) street girls to be arrested.
8) A brick oven pizza place.
7) A big sign that says “Welcome to Illinois. Yes, Missouri IS the better state.”
6) The Weibring-Guthrie Driving Range. Like Cosmo Kramer, we’re hitting balls into the water.
5) Chickenman Stadium. There’s no place like home for the Gems, now.
4) Since it’s downtown, a classier version of The Green Parrot, which means no change allowed.
3) The Hooch Clinic: Helping those with dependency of candy and sugar.
2) A life-size statue of broadcasting legend, Les Sachs, staring down the one of John Wood in Washington Park.
1) It’s on a corner in Quincy, so a church of some type in front and a bar in the back. Or vice versa.