Every Friday on WGEM SportsCenter I toss out a new Top Ten.
TOP TEN Benefits of Having a Shot Clock in HS Basketball…
10) More yelling from the rabid mother in the stands at her kid to “SHOOT IT!”
9) Now you can time your friend on how many hot dogs they can eat in … well, a shot clock limit.
8) More buzzers per game will hopefully keep Grandma awake for more than a quarter.
7) Keeps the annoying mandatory assistant coach at the scorer’s table having to run it.
6) Also applies to special shows from cheerleaders.
5) Get home in time to watch “Redneck Island” (real show, I swear).
4) Ben Marth will stop complaining.
3) More erratic 3-point attempts by the six-foot-tall post player … in the boys game.
2) There’s a clock that keeps track of how many shots you take? Sweet!
1) More opportunities to hear Eric Ervin call a last-second shot … LIKE THIS!
Posted under Top Ten
This post was written by jhouchins on January 25, 2013