I decided to do the Fabulous Five because I probably have seen High Fidelity too many times and there is often a lull in sports between football and basketball (Sorry baseball). I will hold off on This Week’s Special T’s until football, or I will keep it to basketball only, haven’t decided.
Basically I will give you a topic and then a Top 5. You can chime back in and let me know YOUR top 5. Let’s have fun…cause isn’t that what this is all about?
Top 5 Things to Watch in the NCAA Basketball Tournament
5) O.J. Mayo vs. Michael Beasley. USC vs. Kansas State (first round game in the Midwest region). If you haven’t seen these two players, this will be your last chance to see one of them. Reason being, both are going pro, and one’s season will end in Round 1. Oh yeah…they’re freshman.
4) Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery, and Jay Bilas. Gus can get a little too excited at times but can call the hell out of a close game. Bill Raftery is as classy as they come with color commentating and Jay Bilas knows basketball, there’s nothing else about it.
3) Vanderbilt’s Shan Foster — model college player. Has been a Commodore all four seasons. He averaged over 20 points a game, best in the conference this year, and will finish as the school’s all-time leader in three-pointers made. Shan’s coaches say he has always worked hard….and he can play the piano (true).
2) The upsets, it’s the best part. Who will be this year’s Cinderella team? Possibilities: St. Joe’s, South Alabama, USC, St. Mary’s, Baylor.
1) The NCAA Championship. So many take in the first four days and they burn themselves out. The following rounds bring the best games, trust me. Enjoy the madness, enjoy the Tourney.
Posted under Sports
This post was written by Sports Guys on March 18, 2008