* Take a trip with WGEM SportsCenter host, Josh Houchins, as he recaps the weekend in his own weird way. And make sure to follow him on Twitter.
* Stupid Orb. Thanks for ruining my day on wondering if we’ll have a shot at a Triple Crown for horse racing this year. I HAVE NO CLUE why I like those three races, but I do. It’s seriously the only races I watch all year. Now it will be just two. Sorry, NBC.
* There’s no chance in you-know-where that the Spurs shoot over 50-percent again in a game this series against Memphis. Isn’t that defense just too good? I also gave the Pacers no shot at being where they are right now. I’m only hoping for four more weeks of really solid pro hoops.
* I am always amazed by what high school athletes can do and continue to achieve. Monroe City’s Carly Spalding has had such an awesome career in multiple sports and she finished it this weekend at the state track and field meet. What’s crazy is as she cleaned up with more medals this weekend in track, scored over 1,000 points on the basketball court this winter, yet she’s going to college to play softball. Bravo.
* OK, St. Louis Cardinals fans, if you wanted to see the youngsters … here you go. I am interested in seeing how manager Mike Matheny and company react to the recent news of Jaime Garcia going down with a tear in his left shoulder. You only learn the character of a team (I usually use this line for a person only) in a time of turmoil. The Cardinals are still in first place, but if things start to fade as Pittsburgh and Cincinnati keep pace, watch the heat get turned up on all parties involved … including those swinging the bats.
* How are things different in America than England when it comes to sports? Well, let’s just say it involves a pig’s head. Wow…
* Nothing smacks you straight in the face like watching the wrestlers you idolized and mimicked as kids grow old and have massive problems. Jack “The Snake” Roberts is trying to get clean (Congrats!) and I guess at the same time have fun at Braves games. Well, his singing wasn’t the best (below).
* Justin Bieber is a tool.
* And for the first time in my life I will say I like what Kid Rock says here.
* I always enjoy a good wife-husband beer fight at Wrigley Field.
* And Finally, I headed to St. Louis on Sunday not just to watch the Cardinals beat the Brewers, but to watch the high school baseball team my sister teaches at play following the big boys. Major props to the Cardinals for starting this years ago and continuing it today. It’s such a memory not just for those playing, but for family and friends in attendance. Neat event … even if it was still a 90-degree day by 6 p.m. when it started. I’m still a tad tired.
Posted under Sports